Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Beef Stew

I love me some easy crock pot meals.  I keep saying I'm going to read the blog I have heard so much about, where the lady cooked a meal a day for a whole year in her crock pot.  Some day. Soon. Hopefully, I will get around to it.

On Tuesdays, we have Blane's football games, and we don't get home until around 7:00 p.m.  I try to plan something that is either really quick, like sandwiches, or something that can be prepared ahead of time.  This morning, I had the ingredients in the crock pot by 7:30 a.m.  I just let it cook on the "auto" setting 'til around lunch time and then turned it to "low" for another couple of hours.  After the first few hours, the whole house smelled so good!  And, it was super easy.  Here's what I did...




Ingredients
1.5-2 lbs stew meat, depending on how many you are serving
2 lbs of potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into med. sized pieces
1 lb carrot, washed, peeled and cut into med. szed pieces
1 Vidalia onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 pkg of "beef stew" seasoning
S & P to taste
4 cups water

Combine all ingredients in crock pot.  Cook for about 6 hours.
Serve with fresh cornbread.

6-8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment