Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Broccoli & Rice Casserole

I got a recipe from Reese's aunt last year for a broccoli and rice casserole that is a staple at Thanksgiving dinner every year.  We always enjoyed it and when I started cooking it was one of the recipes that Reese wanted me to get.  It didn't quite turn out like Aunt Joy's the first time I made it (it was actually quite crunchy) but I have refined the cooking times and tweaked the actual recipe a bit to where now it is actually quite good.  We had it tonight as the side dish to the meatloaf I fixed.  It is, like most of the recipes I fix, quite easy.

Broccoli Casserole
2 pkg frozen chopped broccoli
1 smal finely chopped onion
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup raw rice (I just use a 5 oz. pk of Mahatma Saffron Yellow rice)
1/2 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt the 1/2 stick of butter in a 9x13 casserole dish
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl & pour in casserole dish
- COVER WITH FOIL  (**I forgot to do this the first time I made it, therefor the rice was undercooked)
- Bake for 1 hr 15-25 min, depending on your oven

No comments:

Post a Comment