I got this recipe from a friend in our LIFE group. She made it one night when we had Italian, and Reese loved it. Priscilla got the recipe to me about a month ago and Reese has been waiting for me to make it. It's fairly easy and pretty yummy.
5-6 boneless chicken thighs (or in may case, 3 can of premium chicken breast chunks)
8 oz mozzarella cheese, cubed
16 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
a big can of Durkey fried onions ( i used generic brand)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of celery soup
1/2 cup chopped celery or 1 tsp celery seed
1/2 cup chopped onion or 1 tsp dried onion
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz spaghetti noodles
- Boil chicken in water with Bay leaf, then pick meat off the bone (not shred it) [*okay, so here is where i 'cheated'. i used canned chicken and just used a knife to cut the chicken chunks into smaller pieces.]
- Save water and boil noodles in it [well, i just boiled my noodles in salt water since i didn't cook the chicken]. Drain water.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except fried onions and cheddar cheese.
- Pour mixture into a 11x13" baking dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Add fried onions and bake another 5 minutes, or until onions are brown.
This makes alot, probably about 8-10 servings. I served it tonight with steamed broccoli.